Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act offers unique opportunities for your organization and our region to innovate, create jobs and address pressing community and business needs.
We are gathering national and state experts with the latest information to talk about:
- How funding will flow
- Relevant opportunities for your group
- How to position your group to leverage these opportunities
- Impact on your industry/organization
Dale Bonner, California Secretary of Business, Transportation and Housing
Al Gordon, CEO, National Strategies, LLC
- national business-to-government consulting firm
- Energy and environment
- Health IT
- Technology & broadband
- Public infrastructure
9:15-9:45 am Networking and registration – Coffee and refreshments
9:45-11:15 am – General session
- Al Gordon, CEO, National Strategies, LLC
- Dale Bonner, California Secretary of Business, Transportation and Housing
11:15-11:30 am – Break: light refreshments
11:30 am-1:00 pm Breakout sessions
Energy and environment
- Clean tech
- Energy efficiency
- Smart grid
Kevin Matthews, Vice President, Energy and Environment, National Strategies, Inc.
Gregg Albright, Deputy Secretary, Environmental Planning and Integration, California Business, Transportation and Housing Agency
Panama Bartholomy, California Energy Commission, Advisor to Commissioner Douglas
Alex Kam, Acting Director, California Health and Human Services Agency's Office of Health Information Integrity
Timi Leslie, Managing Director, Manatt Health Solutions
Jeff Gruen, MD, Director and Co-head, Healthcare Practice, PRTM Management Consultants
- Direct and indirect funding
- How companies position themselves and apply for this money
- Areas include broadband, green IT (e.g., data centers), and contracts for energy and environment, education technology, etc.
Roy Cales, Managing Director, Technology Sector, National Strategies, Inc.
Public sector infrastructure
- Transportation, housing and smart growth
Jim Bourgart, Deputy Secretary, Transportation and Infrastructure, California Business, Transportation and Housing Agency
Mary Ann Crotty, President, Macro Associates
Chris Westlake, Deputy Director, Department of Housing and Community Development
- Early Childhood Education (pre-K):
Scott Moore, Senior Policy Advisor, PreSchool California
- K-12 funding:
Andrea Ball, Deputy State Superintendent, Government Affairs Branch, California Department of Education
*If you are not able to attend, please consider offering your ticket to a friend or coworker. Please call the Leadership Group to make arrangements. Cacnellations/refunds are not accepted. 408-501-7864